The National Bank of Ukraine has established additional requirements for payment service providers and their commercial agents when conducting cash deposits, in particular through terminals (Resolutions of the NBU, June 30, 2023 No. 90 and No. 89).
From August 1, 2023, information about the payer’s mobile phone number is added to receipts that are generated when performing cash transactions using payment devices, in particular through SSHC (self-service software and hardware complex).
Thus, the person depositing cash must:
• enter the mobile phone number on the PTS screen;
• receive a one-time password to this number (by message or by phone call);
• enter a one-time password on the SSHC screen, confirming consent to the payment transaction;
• get a receipt.
These requirements do NOT apply to:
• payment of utility bills (rent and utilities, fixed telephone communication, television, electricity, gas, internet, security);
• payment for tickets for rail transportation, travel in urban and suburban transport, route passenger traffic;
• replenishment of travel and transport cards for travel in urban and suburban transport;
• payment of taxes, fines, administrative services, fees and other payments to the budget.